TRAIN FOR SUCCESS INC.
The purpose of this course is to provide an overview of Alzheimer’s disease, the brain and behavioral changes, management, stages and treatment of Alzheimer’s disease, various support and resources that are available to the affected individual and family. The course also provides standards and practices to assist individuals in developing and maintaining the highest level of ethical decision-making skills, and effective strategies to employ while working with individuals who are experiencing mental Disorders or Disabilities.
At the conclusion of the course the participants will be able to:
1. Define the pathophysiology of Alzheimer’s disease
2. Discuss the theories of what causes Alzheimer’s disease.
3. Describe characteristics of early to late onset Alzheimer’s disease.
4. Describe the signs and symptoms associated with Alzheimer’s disease.
5. Describe the 7 stages of Alzheimer’s disease.
6. Explain changes that occur within the brain as Alzheimer’s disease progress
7. Describe behavioral changes experienced by patients with Alzheimer’s disease.
8. Describe some techniques used to manage behavioral symptoms.
9. Discuss diagnostic tests involved in the process of the disease
10. Discuss medications used in the treatment of Alzheimer disease.
11. Describe effective strategies to employ while maintaining the highest level of ethical decision-making skills.
12. Discuss services, support groups, research centers and publications that are available regarding Alzheimer’s disease.