See various payment options below: Register/Pay now or PayPal options (Buy Now)
The purpose of this course is to review information regarding Bed bugs (Cimex lectularius), to educate and reinforce the knowledge of nurses; APRN, RN, LPN, CNA, HHA who are working in the health care environment, as well as other Professionals and students, individuals regarding Bed bugs (Cimex lectularius). The course reviews how Bed bugs are transported, strategies to prevent bed bugs infestation, treating bed bug bites, removing/ getting rid of bed bugs and important information regarding the use of pesticides that are registered by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency and the available resources.
Objectives / Goals
After successful completion of this course the participants will be able to:
1. Define Bed bugs (Cimex lectularius),
2. Describe Signs and Symptoms of Bed Bug Infestation,
3. Discuss how Bed bugs are transported,
4. Describe 5 strategies to prevent bed bugs infestation,
5. Discuss 5 methods to treatment bed bug bites,
6. Describe the at-risk population,
7. Discuss the use of pesticides.