TRAIN FOR SUCCESS INC.
DOMESTIC VIOLENCE 2 Hr # 20-621565
Pay using credit or Debit card (Register/Pay Now) or with PayPal options (Buy Now)
DOMESTIC VIOLENCE 2 HR
The purpose of this course is to educate and reinforce the knowledge of nurses; ARNP, RN, LPN , CNA, THERAPISTS and other professionals who are working within the health care environment, as well as other students/ individuals regarding Domestic violence; the number of patients within the healthcare setting who are likely to be victims of domestic violence and the number who are likely to be perpetrators of domestic violence, screening procedures for determining whether a patient has any history of being either a victim or a perpetrator of domestic violence, and instruction on how to provide such patients with information on, or how to refer such patients to, resources in the local community, such as domestic violence centers and other advocacy groups, that provide legal aid, shelter, victim counseling, batterer counseling, or child protection services.
At the conclusion of this course, the participants will be able to:
1. Define Domestic Violence / Abuse
2. Identify population at risk for Domestic Violence
3. Discuss signs of Domestic Violence
4. Discuss the characteristics of the Abuser
5. Describe interventions to prevent Domestic Violence
6. Discuss screening procedures for determining whether a patient has any history of being either a victim or a perpetrator of domestic violence
7. Describe how to provide patients with information on resources in the local community, such as domestic violence centers and other advocacy groups.