HIV AND AIDS 1Hr
The purpose of this course is to provide students, Certified Nursing Assistants (CNA), Home Health Aids (HHA), the health care professionals; LPN, RN, ARNP with the opportunity to complete the requirements of the Florida Status - 381.0035 (the requirements for Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) and Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome (AIDS). This course will provide the student with knowledge relating to the modes of transmission, various infection control practices / procedures, the clinical management, and prevention of human immunodeficiency virus and acquired immune deficiency syndrome with some emphasis on appropriate behavior and attitude change.
After successful completion of this course the participantss will be able to:
- Discuss the facts relating to Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) and Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome (AIDS).
- Describe the epidemiology / transmission modes of HIV; how it is spread
- Identify the populations at risk for Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) and Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome (AIDS).
- Discuss means of preventing the spread of the disease
- Detail infection control practice /procedures
- Discuss testing recommendations for HIV
- Discuss issues regarding the confidentiality of test results
- Recognize health concerns in HIV patients
- Describe clinical management /how to provide care to patients with HIV and AIDS.