HOSPICE CARE CASE MANAGEMENT 18Hr
The purpose of this course is to review some of the requirements / regulations and policies within the Hospice Care setting, Case management and supervision of care requirements; to educate and reinforce the knowledge of nurses; ARNP, RN, LPN, other healthcare professionals and CNA/ HHA who are working in the Hospice care environment, as well as other individuals who would like to work within the Hospice care setting. This course is great for nurses who are interested in RN Case management or supervisory and Administrative positions.
After successful completion of this course the students will be able to:
1. Describe Hospice care service program requirements
2. Discuss criteria defining eligibility for hospice services
3. Discuss the responsibilities of the Registered Nurse (RN) and supervising RN
4. Describe responsibilities of the Hospice interdisciplinary team
5. Discuss policies for administering Medications
6. Describe the the requirements for the comprehensive emergency management plan
7. Describe the Background screening requirements
8. Discuss Quality Assurance and Utilization Review (QAUR)/Quality Assessment and Performance Improvement (QAPI) Committee and Plan requirements
9. Describe various responsibilities / duties of the case manager and others of the hospice care team.