INFECTION CONTROL & OSHA 3Hr
purpose of this course is to review the principles of infection control
practices and regulations within the workplace, to educate and reinforce the
knowledge of nurses; ARNP, RN, LPN, Therapist, Guardians, CNA and other Healthcare professionals who are working in various settings and the health care
environment, as well as other individuals regarding Occupational Safety and Health Administration
(OSHA) Standards/ regulations regarding
bloodborne pathogens, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) the Association for Professionals in
Infection Control and Epidemiology (APIC) and National Institute of
Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH) recommendations, review regulations regarding sharps safety
handling and proper disposal and the appropriate use of Personal protective
equipment (PPE) and other standards that relates to infection control.
After successful completion of this course the participants will be able to:
- Describe the importance of infection control practices and regulations in the workplace
- Describe OSHA Regulations regarding bloodborne pathogens
- Describe the General Duty Clause
- Describe appropriate use of Personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Describe appropriate removal and /or disposal of Personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Define infection control and appropriate precautions for handling body fluids and blood.
- Describe methods of transmission of infection
- Discuss some infections such as TB, HIV, Hepatitis B, Hepatitis C
- Discuss the Process of Infection
- Identify at risk population
- Describe regulations regarding sharps safety and handling
- Describe appropriate methods for proper disposal of sharps.
REGISTER/ PAY USING OTHER METHODS
OF PAYMENT - PAYPAL below (Buy Now)
OR SEE ABOVE FOR CREDIT CARD (Register/Pay Now).