IV THERAPY 15 Hr REVIEW
FOR PayPal Payment options- see below.
The purpose of the intravenous (I.V.) therapy course review is to provide guidelines for the delivery and safe management of Intravenous therapy. This course will provide the healthcare workers with a review of various aspects of intravenous (IV) therapy including: how to care for patients receiving Intravenous therapy, information about the venous system, fluid and electrolyte balance, peripheral veins, common I.V. terms, venipuncture, access to deliver Intravenous therapy, including different catheters and their function/use, specific Intravenous therapies, complications associated with intravenous route, different types of Intravenous equipment, correct administration of Intravenous solutions, medications, parenteral nutrition, blood transfusion, legal aspect of IV therapy, infection control standards and the scope of practice.
At the conclusion of this course, the participant will be able to:
1. Describe legal aspects/standards of Intravenous therapy administration.
2. Define medical terms that relates to intravenous therapy.
3. Discuss indications for Intravenous therapy
4. Discuss the effects of various intravenous fluids on the body.
5. Describe the anatomy and physiology of the venous and arterial systems and the skin.
6. Describe the procedures for venipuncture.
7. Describe how to care for a patient with an I.V. catheter.
8. Describe different I.V. therapies such as chemotherapy, blood transfusions and Parenteral nutrition.
9. Discuss the procedures for starting peripheral and central venous catheter lines.
10. Describe the procedures for managing peripheral and central venous catheter lines.
11 Recognize when an adverse reaction or complication arises due to the I.V. therapy.
12. Describe appropriate interventions to utilize when complications arise from I.V. therapy.