The purpose of this course is to educate and reinforce the knowledge of nurses; ARNP, RN, LPN, CNA /HHA, therapists and other Professionals /individuals who are working in the health care environment, as well as other students/ individuals regarding mobility and various factors that can interfere with mobility, treatments, interventions and rationale.
After successful completion of this course the students will be able to:
1. Define Fracture and the various types of fractures
2. Describe hip fracture and hemiarthroplasty procedure
3. Discuss various imaging testing to confirm fractures
4. Describe first aid treatment for the individual with a fracture
5. Describe RICE therapy; the mnemonic for 4 elements used to treat soft tissue for
Injuries such as treatment for sprains and strains.
6. Discuss amputation and treatment.
7. Describe arthritis, collagen disease various types and treatments
8. Discuss polymyositis, symptoms, diagnosis and treatment.
9. Describe joint replacement and plan of care, expected outcomes.
10. Discuss joint replacement, interventions and rationale