OBSTETRICS GYN 14 HR
The purpose of this course is to educate and reinforce the knowledge of nurses; CNS, ARNP, RN, LPN, CNA /HHA, therapists and other individuals who are working in the health care environment, as well as other students/ individuals regarding steps to promote a healthy pregnancy, changes that occur during the First, second and third Trimester, some abnormalities encountered that the women may encounter such as Ectopic pregnancy, molar pregnancy (Hydatidiform mole) and other complications during pregnancy such as, preeclampsia, gestational diabetes, anemia, hypertension etc. Review of Braxton Hicks contractions, Medication use during pregnancy, Stages of labor, terms related to Fetal positions, Pain relief measures during labor and much more.
After successful completion of this course the Participants will be able to:
1. Describe the steps to promote a healthy pregnancy
2. Discuss changes that occur during the First, second and third Trimester
3. Discuss Ectopic pregnancy, molar pregnancy (Hydatidiform mole)
4. Detail some of the complication during pregnancy such as, preeclampsia, gestational
diabetes, anemia, hypertension.
5. Discuss Braxton Hicks contractions
6. Discuss the use of Medications during pregnancy
7. Describe the Stages of labor
8. Discuss terms related to Fetal positions
9. Discuss Pain relief measures during labor
10. Discuss various obstetrics terminology