The purpose of this course is to educate and reinforce the knowledge of Guardians, Nurses; ARNP, RN, other professionals who are working within various settings and the health care environment; as well as other individuals/ Professionals regarding rights of individuals determined incapacitated, procedures to determine incapacity, order determining Incapacity, details regarding abuse, neglect, or exploitation by a guardian and the availability of resources to aid the ward. The course includes current resources from the Florida Statutes Chapter 744.
At the end of this course the participants will be able to:
1. Describe the rights of individuals determined incapacitated
2. Discuss the procedures to determine incapacity
3. Discuss order determining incapacity
4. Define Abuse, neglect, or exploitation by a guardian
5. Discuss the availability of resources to aid the ward.