SUBSTANCE ABUSE 3Hr
The purpose of this course is to provide Health care
professionals; LPN, RN, ARNP, Therapists, Guardians, Certified Nursing Assistants (CNA),
Home Health Aides (HHA), Students, other individuals and professionals with the
opportunity to review the impact that substance abuse/ Chemical dependency has on an individual, practitioner, impaired colleague
and the impact on society. Review assessment and diagnosis of addiction. Review
of treatment approaches, strategies to identify signs of substance abuse within
the workplace, review the most commonly misused or abused types of legal drugs.
Discuss mandatory reporting law, steps to take regarding reporting / making
referral of an impaired nurse, discuss treatment programs, describe employer
initiatives to provide assistance; initiatives to promote safety, discuss some
of the adverse health outcomes; the potential short term and
long-Term Health Risks and describe the Intervention Project for
Nurses (IPN) program that is available to the impaired practitioner. This
course is offered online. Work at your own pace. Print your certificate when
After completion of this course the readers will be able to:
1. Identify signs of substance abuse in the workplace and among various age groups.
2. Discuss substance abuse prevention
3. Discuss the most commonly misused or abused types of legal and illegal drugs.
4. Describe drug addiction treatments; Detoxification and other treatment programs/
therapy that are available
5. Discuss mandatory reporting law
6. Discuss employer initiatives to provide assistance
7. Discuss employer initiatives to promote safety
8. Discuss some of the adverse health outcomes
9. Describe the Intervention Project for Nurses (IPN)
10. Describe the steps to take regarding reporting / referral of an impaired practitioner.