WOUND CARE MANAGEMENT 7 Hr (Class only)
1st Register/Pay for course
2nd - CLICK HERE to sign up for class date (This also gives us the accurate information needed for your certificate).
The purpose of the wound care management course is to educate and reinforce the knowledge of nurses; ARNP, RN, LPN, Graduate Nurses, Medical Assistants and other individuals who are working in the health care environment. The purpose of this course is to provide the healthcare worker/ professionals, with an understanding of how to assess wounds, provide wound care, irrigate wounds, review aspects of pressure ulcer care, using wound drainage systems and changing dressings. The course allows for hands on practice sessions and video presentations. This course is also a great refresher!!
After successful completion of this course the participants will be able to:
1. Describe the procedure for assessing wounds,
2. Discuss various methods of pressure ulcer prevention,
3. Describe pressure ulcer treatment,
4. Discuss procedures to provide effective wound care management,
5. Describe procedures for irrigating wounds,
6. Demonstrate how to apply dressings,
7. Demonstrate how to change dressings.